I bought a few new books recently.
Let's start with the 3 I bought at Book Week's Discount (at my local bookstore, צומת ספרים):
- A Wrinkle In Time, by Madeleine L'Engle (English), Puffin Books, 2014
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, by Agatha Christie, Hebrew: Michal Alfon, Am Oved, 2017
- The Righteous Men, by Sam Bourne, Hebrew: Gershon Giron, Kineret Zmora Bitan, 2007
I once read A Wrinkle In Time in Hebrew but forgot all about it, it was nice to recognize suddenly part of the plot.
It is a fanastic Science-Fiction Young Adult story, taking place in a small village in the US and in various planets across the universe. It is about the ultimate fight between Good and Evil, a fight which actually takes place within each one of us. It is also a beautiful coming-of-age story. It is my best purchase of the lot.
- I am also reading these days:
- Leibowitz Way, the philosophy of Yeshayau Leibowits: interpretation and criticism, by Naomi & Asa Kasher, Keter Books, 2018
- The Proud Tower, by Barbara Tuchman, Hebrew: Ami Shamir, Dvir 1998
- Elric: The Sleeping Sorceress, by Michael Moorcock, Del Ray paperback, 2008